I wanted to clarify something in my last post -- at the end there when I said my eyes were off the Savior...
I want to expounded that a bit more - but I'm going to go "on my noodle" for a bit as I expound.
Part of my bible reading as of late has been in 1st and 2nd
Kings. I found myself, after reading story after story, quickly
judging – don’t these kings ever learn!!! Each of them doing worse than
their father before them – each leading Israel into sin, most in worship
of other gods, each dying a horrible death because of it – after all
that God has done for them and how God has so faithfully provided for
them… (yep -- WARNING: pride before the fall coming up...)
In my
prayer time I have been asking God how I can apply what He is saying in
these verses to me. At first I wasn’t really seeing how they applied to
me directly, but then the spirit opened my eyes…
Sure I don’t
make graven images of gold and wood and bow before them and worship them
blatantly instead of God or blatantly make others around me worship
false gods -- but in my weariness my eyes have been drifting off my
Savior and into trying to find peace and security in and from my
hardships and problems in other people. Obviously it has not been a
conscious thought process (our hearts are so deceiving that way
sometimes) - but looking back I think my idolatress heart was hoping
something tangible here will make me feel more secure because I can see it and touch it.
Which
brings me to that comment: God is so faithful to not let me be
satisfied for a moment with that which isn’t Him. I was making an
unrealistic expectation on someone else by looking to them instead of
God for peace in the moment. The failure at the moment wasn't that
someone didn't give me the "correct" answer I was looking for and
therefore caused "no air" - the failure was mine that I took my eyes off
of my Savior and when the idolatress thought didn't bring me peace the
panic that ensued was "definitely no air".
Can't escape Gods love
-
Haven't been on here in a while haha. I have an amazing verse though that I
hope really stays in your heart!
*Psalm 139*
*7 I can never escape from ...
13 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment